Thursday, August 28, 2014

Welcome to my blog: My Soul Healing Miracle Journey for Creating a Soul Healing Business


Hello, My name is Debra Manning.  I currently own and operate a Holistic Health Center in Phoenix, Arizona called Rejuvenate Center.  It has been quite a journey getting to this point.  I would like to share with you what I have learned and how I have learned it over the next few blogs.
It all started when I lived in Flint, Michigan in 1973, where I graduated high school and not knowing what I really wanted to do, I went off to college at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. I wandered around campus for
about 2 years really not knowing why I was even
there.  I finally went back home and the universe then had plans for me.  I needed to get training in something that I could make a living.  At that time there was a great nursing shortage so I entered into Nursing School at Mott College.  I first became a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) so I could get a job quickly to make my way in the world and continued right on to be a Registered Nurse (RN).  I did general medical floor nursing in the beginning and when I became a RN to went to work in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).  I saw a lot of pain and suffering of the patients as well as the family members.  Even though, I saw all of this, it was not new to me.  Growing up in a dysfunctional environment and having many family members that had major health issues it almost seemed normal to me in some way.  I just tried to help the best that I could to help the patients rest comfortably and support the family members.  Knowing what I know now after more than 30 years working in the healing professions, that was not even close to what was actually needed by me to truly help others. 
The pictures on this blog are of the actual hospital and ICU where I spent the early years of my nursing profession.  Next bog:  Off to Phoenix!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog Debra! I look forward to reading more about your journey and how you created a Soul Healing Business in your next post. love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily. I am happy to share my journey.

      Delete
  2. Debra, I know where you are coming from (I work at a Trauma Hospital), and appreciate any of your insights and experiences. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete